It’s a new year. The perfect time to roll out the website you have wanted for a long time. Build a WordPress website might seem a complex and daunting process until you get into it. In reality, it is actually very simple to set up a website and see it running in a very short time.
WordPress is an amazing platform that has grown from a blogging site to an all-around web platform that lets you create and maintain a varied array of websites.
So if you have been wondering how to build a WordPress website, you have indeed come to the right place. Let’s start with the basics.
How to build a WordPress website in 5 simple steps?
Choose Your Domain Name
You probably have a good name in your mind for your website and most probably, it may not be available. So, try for unique sensible domain names that are short and related to your website content and purpose.
For blogs, your own name could suffice. If you run a business, choose a name that best reflects the nature of your business. And don’t forget to consider SEO impacts of the name you choose.
Choose How You Want To Host Your Website
Try opting for web hosting services that can assure you of security and maintenance at a cheaper rate.
Once you set up your hosting and register your domain names, you can start building your actual website.
And the good thing with WordPress is – building a website is as easy as clicking a few buttons on most hosting platforms. Most of the web building process is automated. You also have the option to avail web hosting and domain services through WordPress itself.
Explore the WordPress UI and Get Familiar with it
Now that the basic setup is done, all that you need to do next is install WordPress in the web hosting platform you have signed up for. Next? Simply explore the WordPress UI and get the things done.
To do so, log on to www.YourWebsiteName.com/wp-admin.
Use your hosting credentials to enter inside. Here is what you will see on the left pane along with their intended features:
- Posts: You can add new posts or check out the already existing ones.
- Media: You can upload new images and manage the existing ones.
- Pages: If you want to add pages to your website, this section is what you need to explore.
- Comments: If you have activated the comments section on your blog, you can moderate them from here.
- Appearance: Undoubtedly, the appearance of your website matters a lot. You can customize the way your website looks by changing your website’s design and choosing a suitable theme from this section.
- Plugins: If you want to enhance your website’s functionality and streamline the user experience, plugins can help you out. Install and activate new plugins from this section.
- Users: This section allows you to determine who can access the admin panel of your website and lets you assign different roles to them.
- Settings: This is where all the settings of your website reside. From allowing you to choose appropriate fonts to add logos, and more – you can do all these tasks here.
Start Creating the Content
Now that your WordPress website is ready, the next task is to create content and engage users. It is important to market your website to get traffic. Undoubtedly, a website is only as useful as the amount of traffic it gets.
For this, make the best use of social media marketing, search engine optimization, and content marketing. You may also like to run paid campaigns on varied platforms to attract the target eyes.
The Next Steps
This explains how to build a WordPress website in 2020. Although the process is easy to follow, it might prove to be cumbersome if you are a first-timer and do not have sufficient knowledge to get started.
In such an event, it is best to take professional help.
What are your views on this? Do you have any queries? Let us know in the comments below.